Monday, December 29, 2014

I Tried, But it Was Still There

Last night me and Maya went to bed in my room and it started out as our usual routine. She got in, I got in beside her and then she started crying. So I talked to her and we were talking about relations and stuff like that. Then she sat up and put her back against the wall and I got on the other side and copied her. She just sat there crying really hard, so I put a pillow on her. "What's this for?" she asked. "It's a pillow, if you get sad, punch it!" I smiled. She stared at it for a few seconds and then she randomly started beating the pillow. It kinda reminded me of one of the times I was there when Lucas was hitting her like that. I didn't say anything, she was in a big enough mood. Then randomly she stopped punching the pillow and her head fell into it and she started crying again. I watched her for a few minutes then decided this was enough. "Hey! Why don't we watch a funny movie!" I suggested and got off the bed. I was digging in the movie bin for something that would cheer her up. I found the first Toy Story movie and had the feeling she was it when she was younger and it would bring back good memories of when she wasn't always fighting these fights everyday. "This will bring back good memories!" I smiled putting it in. Then to make the situation worse, she found her and Riley's matching teddy bears and looked at them and she wasn't crying, she was just sitting there for the moment. Then she pulled them to her and hugged them, bursting out in tears. Having those stupid bears wasn't helping her. "Why isn't that ones hood up?" I asked. She pulled them out of my reach and gave me a dirty look. "Because it doesn't go up!" she cried. I put my hands up and turned away, I wasn't trying to be mean. She started crying and crying again. "Hey look Maya! Remember these commericals!" I smiled. She looked up and saw some weird fairytale commerical playing. "Guess what fairytale it is!" I suggested. "I-I don't know" she said. "I don't know what it is but I recognize these commercials" she said blankly. She started crying again just as the TV commericals said "Coming to DVD Fall 2001" and I looked at her. "Hey! Maya, you weren't even born yet, look!" I said. She turned to see the old-fashioned "Fall 2001" writing on the tiny TV. Then adventually the movie began to play. Crying she was, I tapped her and called "The movie's starting!" and for once, she looked up with big beaty eyes and pulled the teddy bears to her without crying. It came the part where Woody was being replaced with Buzz and the sad song was playing for Woody. "Woody is being replaced with Buzz, just like I was being replaced with Farkle" she cried. I sighed. Every 10 minutes, there was some part of the movie that reminded her of Riley and she just kept saying it. "It's like when...." she went on and on and on. I thought I was going to die. Adventually I just said "Just watch the movie, Maya" and she looked at me and realized what she was saying. "Hey remember Sid!" I called when Sid first appeared in the movie. "Oh yeah" she said. "That's Sid, he tortures toys, just for fun!" the dinosaur toy said in the movie. "Riley tortures me for fun" Maya remarked. I slapped my head, this wasn't going anywhere anytime soon. "This isn't Riley, it's Sid" I said pointing to the TV. "Does Sid look at all like Riley?" I asked her frustrated. "They both have brown hair" she shrugged. I almost blew my top off, but I didn't wanna make her cry again, so I decided to just watch. Then when it got to the part where they were at the Pizza Planet place in that giant space ship. "Who's in charge?" Buzz said to the green ailen toys. "The claw!" they all exclaimed pointing up. "The claw decides who stays and who will go" on of the ailens said. Then the claw went down and a ailen got picked up. "I have been chosen" the ailen in the claw said. That was one of my favorite parts. "I wish I was chosen" Maya cried. And there it was. I tried, but the Riley stuff, it was still there. Then it came to the part where Buzz and Woody were in Sid's house and talking to the other toys through the window. "Come on guys, please let me back!" Woody called. They refused to let him back because he knocked Buzz out the window earlier. "They all used to love Woody, now everyone hates him. Just like everyone used to love me and now Riley and everyone hates me" Maya said. I was fed up with Maya's "I miss Riley" talk. So then the movie started freezing up and you could barely tell what was happening. Then it completely fasted forward and skipped 12 minutes and we got to the part where Woody and Buzz were going to the moving truck. "Everyone loves Woody again, I wish that would happen to me too" Maya cried. "Yeah..." I said in an annoyed voice. "Ooh, look characters are talking, pay attention" I said looking at the TV, anything to get out of this conversation. Then the movie ended and we watched 2 minutes of the creidts when Maya got up to turn it off. "No, let's watch it!" I cried. "No, then we'll get that stupid credit song stuck in our heads" she said turning it off and getting back in bed. So that is what happened and if I ever have to hear another one of those conversation topics, I will be the one crying, not Maya. So bye bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't leave without commenting!